EUS-ENDO Grant Request
What is MedTech Europe?
Important updates about the Code of ethics: a code for more transparency has been effective since 1st January 2018.
The new MedTech Europe ”Code of Ethical Business Practice” is now mandatory. This change has been devised to bring further transparency to the making and handling of third-party organised educational events.
New Code of Ethics: what does it mean exactly?
The code means transformative change in interactions between the industry and Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) through third-party organised educational events. As MedTech Europe announced: “Allowances can only be provided to HCOs/PCOs but never to individuals.” HCOs (Healthcare Organisation) as well PCOs (Professional Conference Organiser) are defined as trusted third-parties.
From January 2018, trusted third-parties take on the responsibility for indirect sponsorship
Industries who wish to sponsor HCPs must set procedures that comply with this new regulation as direct sponsorship is not allowed anymore. Instead of direct sponsorship, industries have to “attribute educational allowances directly to Professional Conference Organisers and/or Healthcare Organisations.”
It means that HCOs and PCOs are the sole responsible for participants’ pre-selection. Given their recognition as trusted third-parties, they receive financial support from industries and educational allowances are systematically entrusted to them before being assigned to practitioners.
MedTech has officially recognised MCO Congres as a compliant, trusted-third party to rely on in the process of organising educational events.
EUS ENDO Grant eligibility criteria:
- international surgeons from public or private sectors and specialised in endoscopy, gastro-enterology, oncology, anatomo-pathologist.
- international doctos from public or private sectors and specialised in endoscopy, gastro-enterology, oncology, anatomo-pathologist.
- international nurses from public or private sectors
- international students in endoscopy, gastro-enterology, oncology, anatomo-pathologist.
You are matching the grant eligibility criteria: How does it work?
- Register to the EUS ENDO congress, book your accommodation (nights: 27, 28 September 2018) and transportation (Train: First class / Flight: Economy class)
- Submit the form – Request a grant
- If you are selected, you will receive a confirmation of support before 15 September
- You will send by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) invoices for partial reimbursement before 20 September (accommodation invoice, flight ticket/train ticket – Personal Bank Details)
- You have to sign each day of the congress at the welcome desk (if not it will be not possible to receive a reimbursement after congress)